auto-reloading and local gems

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas

Oct 29, 2014, 12:27:45 PM10/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi there.

I'm interested in extracting parts of my application to a local gem in vendor/gems. The reason I haven't done that yet is that I'm not sure about what would be the best way to handle auto-reloading for such gems...

I'm pretty aware of the argument that if you're doing TDD you don't need auto-reloading, but still I'm interested in auto-reloading.

I've taken a look at a few solutions like require_reloader and gem_reloader but I'd prefer to use some more robust approach if possible, as I wasn't much comfortable with their implementation...

Is there any official way for developing Rails applications with local gems so that their code could be automatically reloaded in some robust/easy way?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo.

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas

Oct 29, 2014, 5:49:29 PM10/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI, I've already achieved this using some techniques just after posting the question but I'm still interested in knowing whether there's some official way of supporting that flow...