Re: [Rails] country select gem

Rob Zolkos

Oct 3, 2018, 6:56:37 PM10/3/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
<%= f.select :country, options_for_select(["CA", "US"]) %>

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:40 AM Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
I'm not sure why I went to this extent, but I was trying to remove the gem and failed.  (it still kept finding the helper method - even though I removed it from my view)

Anyways,  I'm got this code...  but it doesn't like the label;

<%= f.country_select :country, only: ["CA", "US"], label: 'Country', required: true %>

Maybe there's a better way to do this with simple forms, I just need 2 values in the drop down.

Any suggestions?

Message has been deleted

fugee ohu

Oct 6, 2018, 2:22:26 AM10/6/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
 Why don't you put the label on the previous line and the validation in the model?

Joe Guerra

Oct 10, 2018, 3:20:01 PM10/10/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I used this instead...

    <%= f.input :country, :collection => %w[Canada USA], required: true %>