Looking for a part time project

Jim Ruther Nill

Mar 10, 2017, 11:07:22 PM3/10/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am deeply sorry if this is an inappropriate post for this group.  Please disregard if it is.

I'm Jim, a Rails developer for about 8 years (turning 9 in May).  I'm looking for a part time
project that I could work on after office hours as I am away from my family and have an
ample amount of time in the evening when I get home from work.  I am at Brisbane,
Australia so my timezone is +10 UTC.  With that, it may be good to get clients on the other
side of the globe so it's still office hours when I'm back at home.

If you have something in mind, please don't hesitate to send me an email.

Thank you and have a great weekend everyone!

Best regards,
Jim

FALK LIEDER

Mar 16, 2017, 4:27:46 AM3/16/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi Jim,

I just saw your post on the Ruby on Rails list, and I have a project that might be interesting to you.
I am a cognitive scientist at UC Berkeley and I would like to contract a
Rails developer to add a relatively simple feature to an existing Ruby
on Rails app. I am happy to pay standard hourly rates according to your
qualifications. Your work would be contributing to scientific research
on how to alleviate the problem of procrastination and help people
become more productive.

Concretely, we have programmed an experiment to study procrastination.
The existing app presents participants with a todo list of writing
tasks. The feature I would like you to add is recording the participants
written responses to those assignments in the data base. The current
version of the app is fully functional and available on Github. There is
also a documentation for the existing code.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions or quotes if this job sounds interesting to you.

Best wishes,

Falk Lieder
PhD candidate
Computational Cognitive Science Lab @ UC Berkeley

Jim Ruther Nill

Mar 16, 2017, 5:24:43 AM3/16/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Falk,

I'm definitely interested.  My hourly rate is $50/hour.  I usually do a trial period involving
1-2 simple tasks.  If you're keen, let me know :)

visit my blog at http://www.jimruthernill.com

tariq khan

Mar 31, 2017, 8:50:12 AM3/31/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi Jim,
           hope you will be fine, i read  your post  so i want  to contact you, i need  a  web developer who working on ruby on rails or  node.Js ,  i need  for my  project and  then for  coming next  project,  so  if it possible we can talk  about it,  its  a free classified website,  we can talk about  requirements after  i get your  response,

Thanks & Regards,

Tariq

Jim Ruther Nill

Mar 31, 2017, 7:45:44 PM3/31/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tariq,

I'm available! Just let me know what you need and see what we can set up.

Cheers,
Jim

visit my blog at http://jimlabs.herokuapp.com