Live fuzzy search from database table

Jaga Santagostino

Mar 3, 2015, 4:09:56 PM3/3/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello, i need to create a product list from products in my table, i want to be able to write in a textbox and have fuzzy live search from the table. i searched a while bit i found nothing that felt a good starting point. any tip?

Hassan Schroeder

Mar 3, 2015, 5:29:53 PM3/3/15
to rubyonrails-talk
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Jaga Santagostino
<kandr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, i need to create a product list from products in my table, i want to
> be able to write in a textbox and have fuzzy live search from the table.

Lucene supports fuzzy (Levenshtein) search, so Solr would probably
work for you.

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Julio Papel

Mar 4, 2015, 4:33:15 AM3/4/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jaga,

take a llok to this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ8IRlRcFhI from Mike Hibbert in his Ruby on Rails - Build your own ecommerce Engine tutorial.

He show how you can create and use a rails engine, I believe you will understand how to search your catalog with it.

Enjoy,

Julio Papel

Dan Rees-Jones

Mar 5, 2015, 6:13:56 AM3/5/15