muliple rails app in one server

Oto Iashvili

May 26, 2016, 5:10:41 AM5/26/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi,

I have a server with 20Cores / 40Threads.
I used to have only one website app (rails / unicorn / nginx , 40 workers) on it and everything was working well

recently I added a new website app (rails / unicorn / nginx, 2 workers) and since this, I have much less requests for my first website.

htop stats seems to be normal.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

 How can I find out where is the bottle neck ? Maybe it is link with network, as my second apps is making external requests ? Or maybe IO access as my second apps is

 How can I find out where is the bottle neck ? Maybe it is link with network, as my second apps is making external requests ? Or maybe IO access as my second apps is also reading and writting in the ssd disk

thanks

Greg Navis

May 26, 2016, 6:04:45 AM5/26/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
A requests goes through nginx -> unicorn -> rails. You can check log files starting on the left side. You should be able to see where requests are dropped or misrouted.

Oto Iashvili

Jun 1, 2016, 5:12:35 AM6/1/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
thanks for answer. I ve checked log for all of them and I didn't see anything wrong.
I ve also checked iotop, but I don't know how to see if everything is ok.