devise administrating users

fugee ohu

Aug 8, 2017, 5:47:53 AM8/8/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
How do I edit users when i have devise_for :users and resources :users I have a users controller with it's own whitelist and then I can whitelist for devise in application_controller.rb What's the status of the crud users controller and it's whitelist? I've been trying to edit a user but the changes don't take It says user was successfully updated but then when I click edit again nothing's changed

Walter Lee Davis

Aug 8, 2017, 8:26:37 AM8/8/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The order of inclusion in the routes file is important here. If you have:

devise_for :users

[followed by]

resources :users

...then the rake routes command will show you that the `user PATCH` path will be handled by the users_controller. If you have those two in the opposite order, then you will see that `users PATCH` (note the plural) will be handled by the devise_controller, and the path will be named users_registration.

What do you see when you rake routes in your application? You may also need to restrict your resources :users route to just a few actions with the `only: [:your, :actions, :here]` syntax. Also, what does your devise_for look like? I have found that the order of module inclusion can be important.

Walter

> On Aug 8, 2017, at 5:47 AM, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How do I edit users when i have devise_for :users and resources :users I have a users controller with it's own whitelist and then I can whitelist for devise in application_controller.rb What's the status of the crud users controller and it's whitelist? I've been trying to edit a user but the changes don't take It says user was successfully updated but then when I click edit again nothing's changed

fugee ohu

Aug 8, 2017, 7:55:31 PM8/8/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

Hey Walter Thanks Actually it was some database columns needed renaming but the info you gave me above is pretty good Thanks