Need Activerecord modeling advice

David Williams

Jan 14, 2017, 7:55:56 PM1/14/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk, dwoo...@hotmail.com
What do you consider the best approach to having 20 or more forms related to the same model? The thing is that I may have to template forms for an enterprise level solution. Should I make one model with a dozen form input attributes and build each form page separately, or is there another way that I can pull this off efficiently?

Thanks

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 14, 2017, 8:54:38 PM1/14/17
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM, David Williams <techse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you consider the best approach to having 20 or more forms related to
> the same model?

Uh, "don't" ?

What is the use case that requires "20 or more forms" for a model?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

David Williams

Jan 14, 2017, 9:13:57 PM1/14/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I will build each form with separate models. Which is why I wanted to use the form builder instead. But, that may come back to haunt me at some point. I will just use the traditional method instead.