Gem::Load error

Benyamin Pm

Jan 25, 2016, 4:25:08 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
hi everyone..
i install rails and all the things which is need for.
i create a new project
i create datbase's and set the database.yml file

but when i go to browser and type this=> localhost:3000. i get this
error=>

Gem::Loaderror

Specified 'postgresql' for database adapter, but the gem is not loaded.
Add `gem 'pg'` to your Gemfile (and ensure its version is at the minimum
required by ActiveRecord).

for fixing it i uninstall all the gems and reinstall all of them.
but again i have this error.

James Jelinek (shakycode)

Jan 25, 2016, 4:28:29 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
What does your Gemfile look like? Does it have the pg gem listed?

-James

Benyamin Pm

Jan 25, 2016, 4:34:06 PM1/25/16
James Jelinek (shakycode) wrote in post #1180882:
> What does your Gemfile look like? Does it have the pg gem listed?
>
> -James

i intsall pg gem and test again but it agian i get sampe problem.

James Jelinek (shakycode)

Jan 25, 2016, 4:36:08 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Ok, but would you mind posting your Gemfile in a github gist so we can look at it? What happens when you run “bundle install” from the command line? Does it install all of the gems in your Gemfile?

-James

Colin Law

Jan 25, 2016, 4:45:08 PM1/25/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I suggest you start by working right through a good tutorial such as
railstutorial.org (which is free to use online). This can be worked
through using a development environment in the cloud so there is no
need to worry about whether you have the right stuff installed on your
machine. Once you have worked through the tutorial you should have a
grasp of the basics or RoR and be ready to go with your own projects.
The couple of days spent will be very soon recovered in saved time
during the next phase of your learning.

Colin

Benyamin Pm

Jan 25, 2016, 4:48:21 PM1/25/16
James Jelinek (shakycode) wrote in post #1180884:
> Ok, but would you mind posting your Gemfile in a github gist so we can
> look at it? What happens when you run “bundle install” from the command
> line? Does it install all of the gems in your Gemfile?
>
> -James

bundle install work's perfectly and don't return any error.

Bundle complete! 12 Gemfile dependencies, 54 gems now installed.
Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a bundled gem is installed.

Scott Eisenberg

Jan 25, 2016, 4:52:55 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
How about giving us the output of bundle list? Or at the very least bundle list pg?

PS If you see pg listed there you’re gonna have to give more information like the stacktrace, error messages in the server window, your database.yml file.

If you want help at least give us a fighting chance...

Benyamin Pm

Jan 25, 2016, 5:14:13 PM1/25/16
Scott Eisenberg wrote in post #1180887:
> How about giving us the output of bundle list? Or at the very least
> bundle list pg?
>
> PS If you see pg listed there you’re gonna have to give more information
> like the stacktrace, error messages in the server window, your
> database.yml file.
>
> If you want help at least give us a fighting chance...

hi scott.

please take a look at this =>
http://8pic.ir/images/cqpc93bssq0dyvqqy33e.png

Colin Law

Jan 25, 2016, 5:19:56 PM1/25/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Why is it apparently so difficult for people to supply the information
asked for? Please just copy/paste your Gemfile here so that we can
see it. We don't want to have to look at screenshots, and even on the
screenshot you have not shown Gemfile.

Also please post Gemfile.lock

Colin

Benyamin Pm

Jan 25, 2016, 5:36:18 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Colin Law wrote in post #1180889:
sorry. i just think u want to see what happened in terminal/browser and
database file.

list of gems :

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (4.2.5)
actionpack (4.2.5)
actionview (4.2.5)
activejob (4.2.5)
activemodel (4.2.5)
activerecord (4.2.5)
activesupport (4.2.5)
adapter (0.7.1)
addressable (2.3.6)
ansi (1.4.3)
arel (6.0.3)
atomic (1.1.16)
bigdecimal (1.2.4)
binding_of_caller (0.7.2)
buftok (0.2.0)
builder (3.2.2)
bundler (1.11.2, 1.7.4)
byebug (8.2.1)
coffee-rails (4.1.1)
coffee-script (2.4.1)
coffee-script-source (1.10.0)
concurrent-ruby (1.0.0)
daemons (1.1.9)
data_objects (0.10.14)
debug_inspector (0.0.2)
diff-lcs (1.2.5)
dm-core (1.2.1)
dm-do-adapter (1.2.0)
dm-migrations (1.2.0)
dm-serializer (1.2.2)
dm-sqlite-adapter (1.2.0)
do_sqlite3 (0.10.14)
em-websocket (0.5.1)
equalizer (0.0.9)
erubis (2.7.0)
eventmachine (1.0.3)
execjs (2.6.0, 2.2.1)
faraday (0.9.0)
ffi (1.9.6)
geoip (1.4.0)
globalid (0.3.6)
http (0.6.1)
http_parser.rb (0.6.0)
httpclient (2.3.3)
i18n (0.7.0)
io-console (0.4.2)
jbuilder (2.4.0)
jquery-rails (4.1.0)
json (1.8.3, 1.8.1)
librex (0.0.68)
libv8 (3.16.14.3)
loofah (2.0.3)
mail (2.6.3)
memoizable (0.4.2)
mime (0.4.2)
mime-types (2.99, 1.25)
mini_exiftool (1.6.0)
mini_portile2 (2.0.0)
minitest (5.8.4, 4.7.5)
mojo_magick (0.5.6)
msfrpc-client (1.0.1)
msgpack (0.5.8)
multi_json (1.11.2, 1.10.1)
multipart-post (1.2.0)
naught (1.0.0)
net-http-persistent (2.9)
nokogiri (1.6.7.2)
oj (2.10.3)
parseconfig (1.0.2)
pg (0.18.4)
psych (2.0.5)
qr4r (0.4.0)
rack (1.6.4, 1.5.2)
rack-protection (1.5.2)
rack-test (0.6.3)
rails (4.2.5)
rails-deprecated_sanitizer (1.0.3)
rails-dom-testing (1.0.7)
rails-html-sanitizer (1.0.2)
railties (4.2.5)
rainbow (2.0.0)
rake (10.5.0, 10.3.2, 10.1.0)
rdoc (4.2.1, 4.1.0)
rdoc-data (4.1.0)
ref (1.0.5)
rexec (1.6.3)
ruby-progressbar (1.6.0)
rubydns (0.7.0)
rubyzip (1.1.6)
sass (3.4.21)
sass-rails (5.0.4)
sdoc (0.4.1)
simple_oauth (0.2.0)
simplecov (0.7.1)
sinatra (1.4.5)
spider (0.4.4)
spring (1.6.2)
sprockets (3.5.2)
sprockets-rails (3.0.0)
sqlite3 (1.3.11, 1.3.9)
term-ansicolor (1.3.0)
terminal-table (1.4.5)
test-unit (2.1.5.0)
therubyracer (0.12.1)
thor (0.19.1)
thread_safe (0.3.5, 0.3.3)
tilt (2.0.2, 1.4.1)
tins (1.1.0)
turbolinks (2.5.3)
twitter (5.11.0)
tzinfo (1.2.2)
uglifier (2.7.2, 2.5.3)
web-console (2.2.1)
yajl-ruby (1.2.0)

Scott Eisenberg

Jan 25, 2016, 8:44:58 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
What specifically is the OS here. I’m not certain I recognize the icons on the dock.

Scott Eisenberg

Jan 25, 2016, 8:51:01 PM1/25/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Also what version of Ruby are you running?

This might be a good place to also look for help: https://bitbucket.org/ged/ruby-pg/issues?status=new&status=open
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/B27806DB-BAAE-4AE0-9C65-225EF93AE157%40btrtrucks.com.

nanaya

Jan 26, 2016, 12:06:52 AM1/26/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
- the output of `bundle list pg` says "Could not find gem 'pg'."
- the error page says "Add `gem 'pg'` to your Gemfile"

Have you read it? And have you actually done it? (hint: `gem install pg`
is not the same thing)

Colin Law

Jan 26, 2016, 2:23:08 AM1/26/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On 25 Jan 2016 22:36, "Benyamin Pm" <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Colin Law wrote in post #1180889:
> > On 25 January 2016 at 22:13, Benyamin Pm <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> >> hi scott.
> >>

> >> please take a look at this =>
> >> http://8pic.ir/images/cqpc93bssq0dyvqqy33e.png
> >
> > Why is it apparently so difficult for people to supply the information
> > asked for?  Please just copy/paste your Gemfile here so that we can
> > see it.  We don't want to have to look at screenshots, and even on the
> > screenshot you have not shown Gemfile.
> >
> > Also please post Gemfile.lock
> >
> > Colin
>
> sorry. i just think u want to see what happened in terminal/browser and
> database file.
>
> list of gems :
>
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***

That is not the file Gemfile which is a file in the top level of your application. You need to add pg to that and run bundle. The fact you did not realise this shows that you really need to work through the tutorial that I suggested.

Colin

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/bd4d029afd437577c294ba71bfa51bb1%40ruby-forum.com.

Benyamin Pm

Jan 26, 2016, 2:50:15 AM1/26/16
Colin Law wrote in post #1180898:
> On 25 Jan 2016 22:36, "Benyamin Pm" <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> > asked for? Please just copy/paste your Gemfile here so that we can
>> list of gems :
>>
>> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>>

> That is not the file Gemfile which is a file in the top level of your
> application. You need to add pg to that and run bundle. The fact you did
> not realise this shows that you really need to work through the tutorial
> that I suggested.
>
> Colin
>
>> arel (6.0.3)
>> concurrent-ruby (1.0.0)
>> em-websocket (0.5.1)
>> httpclient (2.3.3)
>> mime (0.4.2)
>> net-http-persistent (2.9)
>> rails-deprecated_sanitizer (1.0.3)
>> rubydns (0.7.0)
>> sprockets-rails (3.0.0)
>> twitter (5.11.0)
>> tzinfo (1.2.2)
>> uglifier (2.7.2, 2.5.3)
>> web-console (2.2.1)
>> yajl-ruby (1.2.0)
>>
>> --

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/bd4d029afd437577c294ba71bfa51bb1%40ruby-forum.com
> .

im sorry.

gem file :

source 'https://rubygems.org'

# Bundle edge Rails instead: gem 'rails', github: 'rails/rails'
gem 'rails', '4.2.5'
# Use sqlite3 as the database for Active Record
gem 'sqlite3'
# Use SCSS for stylesheets
gem 'sass-rails', '~> 5.0'
# Use Uglifier as compressor for JavaScript assets
gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.3.0'
# Use CoffeeScript for .coffee assets and views
gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 4.1.0'
# See https://github.com/rails/execjs#readme for more supported runtimes
# gem 'therubyracer', platforms: :ruby

# Use jquery as the JavaScript library
gem 'jquery-rails'
# Turbolinks makes following links in your web application faster. Read
more: https://github.com/rails/turbolinks
gem 'turbolinks'
# Build JSON APIs with ease. Read more:
https://github.com/rails/jbuilder
gem 'jbuilder', '~> 2.0'
# bundle exec rake doc:rails generates the API under doc/api.
gem 'sdoc', '~> 0.4.0', group: :doc

# Use ActiveModel has_secure_password
# gem 'bcrypt', '~> 3.1.7'

# Use Unicorn as the app server
# gem 'unicorn'

# Use Capistrano for deployment
# gem 'capistrano-rails', group: :development

group :development, :test do
# Call 'byebug' anywhere in the code to stop execution and get a
debugger console
gem 'byebug'
end

group :development do
# Access an IRB console on exception pages or by using <%= console %>
in views
gem 'web-console', '~> 2.0'

# Spring speeds up development by keeping your application running in
the background. Read more: https://github.com/rails/spring
gem 'spring'
end

Gemfile . lock

GEM
remote: https://rubygems.org/
specs:
actionmailer (4.2.5)
actionpack (= 4.2.5)
actionview (= 4.2.5)
activejob (= 4.2.5)
mail (~> 2.5, >= 2.5.4)
rails-dom-testing (~> 1.0, >= 1.0.5)
actionpack (4.2.5)
actionview (= 4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
rack (~> 1.6)
rack-test (~> 0.6.2)
rails-dom-testing (~> 1.0, >= 1.0.5)
rails-html-sanitizer (~> 1.0, >= 1.0.2)
actionview (4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
builder (~> 3.1)
erubis (~> 2.7.0)
rails-dom-testing (~> 1.0, >= 1.0.5)
rails-html-sanitizer (~> 1.0, >= 1.0.2)
activejob (4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
globalid (>= 0.3.0)
activemodel (4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
builder (~> 3.1)
activerecord (4.2.5)
activemodel (= 4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
arel (~> 6.0)
activesupport (4.2.5)
i18n (~> 0.7)
json (~> 1.7, >= 1.7.7)
minitest (~> 5.1)
thread_safe (~> 0.3, >= 0.3.4)
tzinfo (~> 1.1)
arel (6.0.3)
binding_of_caller (0.7.2)
debug_inspector (>= 0.0.1)
builder (3.2.2)
byebug (8.2.1)
coffee-rails (4.1.1)
coffee-script (>= 2.2.0)
railties (>= 4.0.0, < 5.1.x)
coffee-script (2.4.1)
coffee-script-source
execjs
coffee-script-source (1.10.0)
concurrent-ruby (1.0.0)
debug_inspector (0.0.2)
erubis (2.7.0)
execjs (2.6.0)
globalid (0.3.6)
activesupport (>= 4.1.0)
i18n (0.7.0)
jbuilder (2.4.0)
activesupport (>= 3.0.0, < 5.1)
multi_json (~> 1.2)
jquery-rails (4.1.0)
rails-dom-testing (~> 1.0)
railties (>= 4.2.0)
thor (>= 0.14, < 2.0)
json (1.8.3)
loofah (2.0.3)
nokogiri (>= 1.5.9)
mail (2.6.3)
mime-types (>= 1.16, < 3)
mime-types (2.99)
mini_portile2 (2.0.0)
minitest (5.8.4)
multi_json (1.11.2)
nokogiri (1.6.7.2)
mini_portile2 (~> 2.0.0.rc2)
rack (1.6.4)
rack-test (0.6.3)
rack (>= 1.0)
rails (4.2.5)
actionmailer (= 4.2.5)
actionpack (= 4.2.5)
actionview (= 4.2.5)
activejob (= 4.2.5)
activemodel (= 4.2.5)
activerecord (= 4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
bundler (>= 1.3.0, < 2.0)
railties (= 4.2.5)
sprockets-rails
rails-deprecated_sanitizer (1.0.3)
activesupport (>= 4.2.0.alpha)
rails-dom-testing (1.0.7)
activesupport (>= 4.2.0.beta, < 5.0)
nokogiri (~> 1.6.0)
rails-deprecated_sanitizer (>= 1.0.1)
rails-html-sanitizer (1.0.3)
loofah (~> 2.0)
railties (4.2.5)
actionpack (= 4.2.5)
activesupport (= 4.2.5)
rake (>= 0.8.7)
thor (>= 0.18.1, < 2.0)
rake (10.5.0)
rdoc (4.2.1)
json (~> 1.4)
sass (3.4.21)
sass-rails (5.0.4)
railties (>= 4.0.0, < 5.0)
sass (~> 3.1)
sprockets (>= 2.8, < 4.0)
sprockets-rails (>= 2.0, < 4.0)
tilt (>= 1.1, < 3)
sdoc (0.4.1)
json (~> 1.7, >= 1.7.7)
rdoc (~> 4.0)
spring (1.6.2)
sprockets (3.5.2)
concurrent-ruby (~> 1.0)
rack (> 1, < 3)
sprockets-rails (3.0.0)
actionpack (>= 4.0)
activesupport (>= 4.0)
sprockets (>= 3.0.0)
sqlite3 (1.3.11)
thor (0.19.1)
thread_safe (0.3.5)
tilt (2.0.2)
turbolinks (2.5.3)
coffee-rails
tzinfo (1.2.2)
thread_safe (~> 0.1)
uglifier (2.7.2)
execjs (>= 0.3.0)
json (>= 1.8.0)
web-console (2.2.1)
activemodel (>= 4.0)
binding_of_caller (>= 0.7.2)
railties (>= 4.0)
sprockets-rails (>= 2.0, < 4.0)

PLATFORMS
ruby

DEPENDENCIES
byebug
coffee-rails (~> 4.1.0)
jbuilder (~> 2.0)
jquery-rails
rails (= 4.2.5)
sass-rails (~> 5.0)
sdoc (~> 0.4.0)
spring
sqlite3
turbolinks
uglifier (>= 1.3.0)
web-console (~> 2.0)

Colin Law

Jan 26, 2016, 3:45:02 AM1/26/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 26 January 2016 at 07:48, Benyamin Pm <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #1180898:
>>> list of gems :
>>>
>>> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>>>

>> That is not the file Gemfile which is a file in the top level of your
>> application. You need to add pg to that and run bundle. The fact you did
>> not realise this shows that you really need to work through the tutorial
>> that I suggested.
>>
>> Colin

I don't see pg in there. As has been pointed out numerous times
already the error message says you need to add pg to Gemfile. Also
you can take out sqlite3, under the line that says

> # Use sqlite3 as the database for Active Record

How are you getting on with the tutorial?

Colin

Benyamin Pm

Jan 26, 2016, 4:53:06 AM1/26/16
Colin Law wrote in post #1180906:
> On 26 January 2016 at 07:48, Benyamin Pm <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>> not realise this shows that you really need to work through the tutorial
>>> that I suggested.
>>>
>>> Colin
>
>> gem 'rails', '4.2.5'
>>

>> # Call 'byebug' anywhere in the code to stop execution and get a
>> the background. Read more: https://github.com/rails/spring
>> gem 'spring'
>> end
>
> I don't see pg in there. As has been pointed out numerous times
> already the error message says you need to add pg to Gemfile. Also
> you can take out sqlite3, under the line that says
>
>> # Use sqlite3 as the database for Active Record
>
> How are you getting on with the tutorial?
>
> Colin

i just edit source url from https://rubygems.org to http://rubygems.org
and add gem 'pg' in Gemfile after like this=>

source 'http://rubygems.org'

# Bundle edge Rails instead: gem 'rails', github: 'rails/rails'
gem 'rails', '4.2.5'
gem 'pg'

and i go to terminal and type 'gem install pg'
then type=> bunlde show pg
and i get the path=> /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/pg-0.18.4

befor that , when i type this. i get this=> Could not find gem 'pg'.

now the error is Gone! ;)

ty Colin

Colin Law

Jan 26, 2016, 6:21:04 AM1/26/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 26 January 2016 at 09:52, Benyamin Pm <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #1180906:

>>> gem 'rails', '4.2.5'
>>>

>>> # Call 'byebug' anywhere in the code to stop execution and get a
>>> the background. Read more: https://github.com/rails/spring
>>> gem 'spring'
>>> end
>>
>> I don't see pg in there. As has been pointed out numerous times
>> already the error message says you need to add pg to Gemfile. Also
>> you can take out sqlite3, under the line that says
>>
>>> # Use sqlite3 as the database for Active Record
>>
>> How are you getting on with the tutorial?
>>
>> Colin
>

> i just edit source url from https://rubygems.org to http://rubygems.org
> and add gem 'pg' in Gemfile after like this=>
>
> source 'http://rubygems.org'
>

> # Bundle edge Rails instead: gem 'rails', github: 'rails/rails'
> gem 'rails', '4.2.5'
> gem 'pg'
>

> and i go to terminal and type 'gem install pg'

You should have run
bundle install
or just
bundle
there is no need to run gem install pg though it will not do any harm.

> then type=> bunlde show pg
> and i get the path=> /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/pg-0.18.4
>
> befor that , when i type this. i get this=> Could not find gem 'pg'.
>

> now the error is Gone! ;)

I am surprised the error is gone if you have not run bundle install or bundle.

Colin