OT: Ok to offer money for an answer?

Ralph Shnelvar

Jul 10, 2018, 5:08:24 PM7/10/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Friends,

Since I don't want to upset folks ...

I have a Rails/Apache/Router/DDNS question I have been working on for a couple of days and not making any headway.

Is it ok to offer money for an answer here?

Ralph Shnelvar

fugee ohu

Jul 10, 2018, 8:36:46 PM7/10/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
 You can solicit the help of a freelancer to do your work but you can't solicit to pay for an answer to a question because that's not what google groups is for

fugee ohu

Jul 10, 2018, 8:38:05 PM7/10/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 5:08:24 PM UTC-4, Ralph Shnelvar wrote:
Further you seem to be saying you don't know which of the four is the cause of whatever problem  you're having

Phil Edelbrock

Jul 11, 2018, 2:19:56 AM7/11/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
He could perhaps just offer a bounty? It's perhaps the same thing. It is very common in the open-source community to do that. But, agreed, the problem would need to be very explicit and the solution verifiable and given to the first solver. Perhaps posting a link from the google group to a bounty site would be OK here?

(btw- you might not have seen some of the other google groups... the ethical bar in general is perhaps not what you think it is! ;')

Take care, all.

Phil