Rails live video streaming..

Sai Ch

Sep 29, 2014, 10:05:03 AM9/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I have search tool like "Java Media Framework"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Media_Framework
for Rails application.
Anybody knows that please suggest me.!!!

Sai Ch

Sep 30, 2014, 12:21:09 AM9/30/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody know the live streaming in rails please suggest me../yes\?

Clayton Cottingham

Sep 30, 2014, 11:26:21 PM9/30/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Sai Ch
What are you trying to do?
Couple things I'll mention now

Html5 getusermedia you can grab a users webcam and mic

If you are wanting to share vid streams youre going to need a server. Darwin qtss for mp4 or icecast2 which does theora vid.

Then one just connects the users webcam source to the broadcasting server

--
Sent from my Android

Sai Ch

Oct 1, 2014, 1:34:58 AM10/1/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Finally man after long time one person reply for this question.

Thanks @Clayton for your suggestion.I want to try in my app.

Clayton Cottingham

Oct 1, 2014, 3:11:11 AM10/1/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Sai Ch
Let me know if you need any help
Ive beem playing w the html5 audio video stuffs and also have qtss and icecast2 servers setup