Does anyone know RoR reporting tools?

piyhawat sudsri

Oct 18, 2014, 11:23:32 PM10/18/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

          I am new RoR developer. By now, I've learn rails MVC concept and build some application. I've tried to export the data on screen to report (pdf or excel file) but do not work yet. If anyone have any idea pls let me know.

amit gupta

Oct 19, 2014, 12:42:23 PM10/19/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

You can use the gems to export pdf like prawn or pdfkit and for excel  you can use spreadsheet gem...

Regards,
Amit Kumar Gupta

On 19 Oct 2014 14:51, "piyhawat sudsri" <pyju...@gmail.com> wrote:

          I am new RoR developer. By now, I've learn rails MVC concept and build some application. I've tried to export the data on screen to report (pdf or excel file) but do not work yet. If anyone have any idea pls let me know.

Sampath Munasinghe

Oct 19, 2014, 9:52:22 PM10/19/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
PRAWN
ITS WORTH TO TRY HIGHCHARTS

Pratap Patil

Oct 20, 2014, 8:35:56 AM10/20/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 We use pdfkit for pdf and axlsx for excel.

Matthew Kosoy

Oct 20, 2014, 1:27:37 PM10/20/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You might want to look into New Relic for application performance monitoring.   There's also several other services that are beneficial including Code Climate, Gemnasium, and Raygun.  Each of these services performs different tasks, and when used together they can help to create clear visibility into your applications performance.

Take care and good luck!

-Matt