Deploying Rails Engine to Heroku

L. Johan Nissen

Aug 30, 2015, 8:08:04 AM8/30/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi guys,

I've got a Rails app that is dependent on a Rails Engine to function. I would like know how to deploy such an app to Heroku and especially if there's somebody who has made a tutorial.

Thank you in advance.

Sadaf Noor

Aug 30, 2015, 8:55:17 AM8/30/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Are you facing any problem deploying your app with engine? I had blogit engine in my rails app and there was nothing special about it. I just did following and it worked:

$ git push heroku master
$ heroku run bundler install

 Md. Sadaf Noor (@sadaf2605)
 www.sadafnoor.com

Frederick Cheung

Aug 30, 2015, 12:03:37 PM8/30/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 1:08:04 PM UTC+1, L. Johan Nissen wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got a Rails app that is dependent on a Rails Engine to function. I would like know how to deploy such an app to Heroku and especially if there's somebody who has made a tutorial.

It shouldn't be different to an application that doesn't use a rails engine. Is there a specific problem you have encountered?

Fred

Julia Will

Aug 31, 2015, 12:02:56 PM8/31/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
You can place your engine into the vendor directory and then reference it in the Gemfile with the vendor path.

fugee ohu

Jan 27, 2018, 3:09:59 AM1/27/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I have blogit engine running on an app and I don't see anything for world(public) viewing of a particular users blog How's this supposed to work?