Carrierwave metadata for original creation date?

fugee ohu

Sep 20, 2019, 1:10:17 PM9/20/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
How do I keep a record of the original creation date? What if I wanna preserve the original creation date?

Colin Law

Sep 20, 2019, 5:13:44 PM9/20/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 18:10, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I keep a record of the original creation date? What if I wanna preserve the original creation date?

Each record in the database has a created_at field. At least mine do.

Colin

fugee ohu

Sep 20, 2019, 6:00:32 PM9/20/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
The file that's being uploaded

Hassan Schroeder

Sep 20, 2019, 7:52:05 PM9/20/19
to rubyonrails-talk
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 3:00 PM fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > How do I keep a record of the original creation date? What if I wanna preserve the original creation date?

Looks like that's a no:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/File/Using_files_from_web_applications

(unless you control the source endpoints and can incorporate that
information into e.g. the file name).
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

fugee ohu

Sep 25, 2019, 2:45:35 PM9/25/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 5:13:44 PM UTC-4, Colin Law wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 18:10, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I keep a record of the original creation date? What if I wanna preserve the original creation date?
od
Each record in the database has a created_at field.  At least mine do.

Colin

I want the creation date of file before it's uploaded Can you tell me how to find it I know it has something to do with ruby mtime function

Rob Biedenharn

Sep 25, 2019, 6:05:46 PM9/25/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You can't get that information in the browser. The best you could do is the lastModified time of the file.

-Rob

fugee ohu

Sep 25, 2019, 9:16:18 PM9/25/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
  They talk about cases where the last modified time isn't available What kind of device might someone be uploading a file from that doesn't have a last modified date for a file I never saw a file without a last modified date