Need people to give feedback

Karthikeyan A K

Oct 17, 2018, 1:27:08 PM10/17/18
to il...@freelists.org, kerala-ruby...@googlegroups.com, delh...@googlegroups.com, puduv...@freelists.org, chennai-ruby...@googlegroups.com, rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Ruby users
Hello All,

I am porting my Ruby book to HTML here https://i-love-ruby.gitlab.io/ , I would be very happy if people who want to learn Ruby can use it and give me feedback, possibly negative ones so that I can improve my book.

--
Karthikeyan A K

Founder of Code Tribe https://is.gd/codetribe

Phil Edelbrock

Oct 17, 2018, 1:48:59 PM10/17/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
It looks very well produced to me!  Congrats. My only criticism is that in practice, that tabbing/indenting of code of more than one space (as in the spacebar) causes confusion when working in collaboration with others.  I get frustrated when working on multi-developer projects and some use tabs, double spaces, and single spaces... or even 4 spaces!  Messes up the codebase, but I understand where you use it here for readability.

Phil

Joe Guerra

Oct 17, 2018, 1:51:58 PM10/17/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Great, how about a chapter on testing [writing test cases with mini test or rspec? ] and debugging rails apps?

Thanks,
Joe