Nested tree view with Ruby on Rails

Shyamkirubha Swaminathan

Mar 23, 2018, 2:17:24 AM3/23/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

Dear All,

In ROR, I have a model 'Document', which may contain Section, Table, Text_field. Therefore, I have 4 models, and I use ancestry for Section as it may contain Sub-Section. Also, Table and Text_field belongs to Document, and optionally belongs to Section. So, structure will look like below:

I could successfully iterate and print this structure as List in my view. But I would like to show the data as Treeview. Is there a way I could achieve this with Ruby on Rails?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Walter Lee Davis

Mar 23, 2018, 8:28:47 AM3/23/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 12:56 AM, Shyamkirubha Swaminathan <skiru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> In ROR, I have a model 'Document', which may contain Section, Table, Text_field. Therefore, I have 4 models, and I use ancestry for Section as it may contain Sub-Section. Also, Table and Text_field belongs to Document, and optionally belongs to Section. So, structure will look like below:
>

> I could successfully iterate and print this structure as List in my view. But I would like to show the data as Treeview. Is there a way I could achieve this with Ruby on Rails?

Can you describe or refer to an example of a tree view? What is that exactly? Do you mean something like the ancient Windows 3 little [+] and [-] controls to expand and collapse a list?

Walter

> Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe Guerra

Mar 23, 2018, 1:15:42 PM3/23/18