configuring yahoo mail in smtp

honey ruby

Feb 21, 2017, 12:54:24 AM2/21/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi all,

Am trying to send email with yahoo mail but it is not working but, with gmail works fine can someone correct me if anything is wrong in my smtp.

production:
:address: smtp.yahoo.mail.com
:port: 587
:user_name: te...@yahoo.com
:password: test
:authentication: plain
:enable_starttls_auto: true
:domain : test.com

Thanks in advance

Karthikeyan A K

Feb 21, 2017, 1:55:43 AM2/21/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
does yahoo allow that kind of thing? yahoo is just old webmail stuff.

nanaya

Feb 21, 2017, 2:07:27 AM2/21/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017, at 14:54, honey ruby wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am trying to send email with yahoo mail but it is not working but, with
> gmail works fine can someone correct me if anything is wrong in my smtp.
>

> production:
> :address: smtp.yahoo.mail.com

the address should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com

honey ruby

Feb 21, 2017, 2:25:19 AM2/21/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I have changed address to  smtp.mail.yahoo.com but still the same.. no error but mails not delivered.

tamouse pontiki

Feb 21, 2017, 6:23:20 PM2/21/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Do you know if yahoo mail requires a separate "app" password to access email in this way?
I'm asking only because I know Google email works this way, I don't know anything about connecting to Yahoo mail in particular.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM, nanaya <m...@0paste.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017, at 14:54, honey ruby wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am trying to send email with yahoo mail but it is not working but, with
> gmail works fine can someone correct me if anything is wrong in my smtp.
>

> production:
>       :address: smtp.yahoo.mail.com

the address should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com

honey ruby

Feb 22, 2017, 7:50:13 AM2/22/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Thanks tamouse pontiki for your reply, even am looking for solution does rails or yahoo supports or not. Waiting for some to give reply who have checked it. I have checked with different ports 25, 587 and 465 but no luck with address smtp.mail.yahoo.com..