Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Kishore Srinivas

Nov 12, 2017, 3:52:23 AM11/12/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I just finished the official Rails 5 blog app , and now  am looking for a good open source (rails 5) to learn more and be comfortable,which one would you highly recommend to pick up the pace ? Thank you !

Karthikeyan A K

Nov 12, 2017, 5:13:01 AM11/12/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Try discourse or diaspora. They are great RoR apps.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Kishore Srinivas <kishyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just finished the official Rails 5 blog app , and now  am looking for a good open source (rails 5) to learn more and be comfortable,which one would you highly recommend to pick up the pace ? Thank you !

Chatty Maps

Nov 23, 2017, 4:20:38 PM11/23/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hello Kishore,

I have an open source project that I could do with some help on. Have a look:

If you are intersted, let me know and I can guide your through some of the things that need to be done.

Cheers,

Ed

Philip Rhoades

Nov 23, 2017, 7:07:34 PM11/23/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, Chatty Maps
Chatty,

On 2017-11-24 07:20, Chatty Maps wrote:
> Hello Kishore,
>
> I have an open source project that I could do with some help on. Have
> a look:
>
> https://github.com/etewiah/property_web_builder
>
> If you are intersted, let me know and I can guide your through some of
> the things that need to be done.

I am hardly a Rails expert but I am interested in this app - it could be
useful for me to use to sell building lots in my "Life Extension
village" here:

http://lev.com.au

I will play around with the app and see how I go!

Thanks!

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: ph...@pricom.com.au

Mugurel Chirica

Nov 24, 2017, 5:34:44 AM11/24/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chatty, I had a look at the project and it looks fun.

Can you tell me what kind of help do you need with the project?

Cheers.

Chatty Maps

Nov 24, 2017, 8:07:46 AM11/24/17
to ph...@pricom.com.au, rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

Should certainly fit your use case.  Have a play about and see how it goes.

If you need any help at all feel free to raise an issue on the github repo or reach out to me directly.

Cheers,

Ed

To post to this group, send email to