Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Josu Lazkano

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 26. 9:25:482014. 06. 26.
– rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new in this mail list. I want to ask about the execution of the
Rails service.

I normally execute the rails process this way:

rails server

This way I can not log out and keep the service running. Is there any
way to execute as a service? something like apache2?
(/etc/init.d/apache2 start)?

Thanks and regards.

--
Josu Lazkano

Hassan Schroeder

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 26. 9:33:022014. 06. 26.
– rubyonrails-talk
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:01 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I normally execute the rails process this way:
>
> rails server
>
> This way I can not log out and keep the service running. Is there any
> way to execute as a service? something like apache2?
> (/etc/init.d/apache2 start)?

Try: rails server --help

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Walter Lee Davis

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 26. 9:34:452014. 06. 26.
– rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 26, 2014, at 9:01 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new in this mail list. I want to ask about the execution of the
> Rails service.
>
> I normally execute the rails process this way:
>
> rails server
>
> This way I can not log out and keep the service running. Is there any
> way to execute as a service? something like apache2?
> (/etc/init.d/apache2 start)?

Here's a quick overview with a lot of options: http://rubyonrails.org/deploy/

I used Passenger for my first sites, it was just about as easy as PHP deployment.

Walter

> Thanks and regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

Josu Lazkano

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 26. 16:11:392014. 06. 26.
– rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I execute as daemon (rails server -d), and it works well.

I read about Passenger, it looks really interesting.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano

Robert Walker

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 26. 19:22:532014. 06. 26.
– rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Josu Lazkano wrote in post #1150848:
> Thanks!
>
> I execute as daemon (rails server -d), and it works well.
>
> I read about Passenger, it looks really interesting.

I actually use Passenger standalone for development and Passenger on the
server for deployment. Works great for me.

I don't, however, typically run my server in development as a daemon
process. Instead I run it in a separate shell so that I can easily
monitor the development log as it displays in the terminal window. Then
I use the other shell to execute commands. So I just have two tabs in my
Terminal app... well actually three, where the third is running guard so
I can see the results of my texts as I develop.

https://www.phusionpassenger.com
http://guardgem.org

Josu Lazkano

olvasatlan,
2014. jún. 27. 2:38:012014. 06. 27.
– rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
> I actually use Passenger standalone for development and Passenger on the
> server for deployment. Works great for me.
>
> I don't, however, typically run my server in development as a daemon
> process. Instead I run it in a separate shell so that I can easily
> monitor the development log as it displays in the terminal window. Then
> I use the other shell to execute commands. So I just have two tabs in my
> Terminal app... well actually three, where the third is running guard so
> I can see the results of my texts as I develop.
>

> https://www.phusionpassenger.com
> http://guardgem.org

Thanks Robert,

Do you use Passenger with Apache2? I want to try it. Could you guide
me with some steps?
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek
Továbbítás