gem install fileutils error

Astm Ali

Jan 19, 2014, 1:25:39 PM1/19/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys

I'm new in Ruby
so I'm now trying to install fileutils by using the command [ gem
install fileutils ]

note: I'm using windows 7 :(

always when i trying to install it i got this error

C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.5... yes
checking for stdint.h... *** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.
Check the mkmf.log file for more details.
You may need configuration options.

and when i trying to install rmagick by downloading the file
ImageMagick-6.8.8-2-Q16-x64-dll.exe from the page
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
then installed the EXE file on my windows then Run the [ bundle install
]

always i got this error

C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.5... yes
Invalid drive specification. Unable to get ImageMagick version ***
extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries and/or headers.
Check the mkmf.log file for more details.
You may need configuration options.

Kanna Vrk

Jan 19, 2014, 10:54:49 PM1/19/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
please try gitbash ..

it ill very useful.

kanna(9742665400)

Peter K.

Apr 30, 2014, 6:26:42 AM4/30/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Also new to ruby... I get the same error.

Did you ever get a meaningful reply to your query? Or is this just
another forum where real problems never get answered in the hope that
they go away?

Colin Law

Apr 30, 2014, 7:27:30 AM4/30/14
On 30 April 2014 11:26, Peter K. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Also new to ruby... I get the same error.
>
> Did you ever get a meaningful reply to your query? Or is this just
> another forum where real problems never get answered in the hope that
> they go away?

This is not a forum it is a mailing list (though you may be accessing
it using a forum-like interface. Since you have not quoted the
previous reply we do not know to what you are referring. Start a new
thread (preferably by joining the mailing list) and post a message
showing the error you are getting and telling us which operating
system you are using. Almost certainly someone will be able to help.

Colin