How to completely uninstall RSpec version 3+?

Sage Jankowitz

Jul 27, 2015, 2:10:01 PM7/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to teach myself RSpec and I am working on a lesson that
requires a version of RSpec that is less than 3. I currently have the
following versions for RSpec:

rspec (3.3.0, 2.99.0, 2.9.0)
rspec-core (3.3.2, 2.99.2, 2.9.0)
rspec-expectations (3.3.1, 2.99.2, 2.9.1)
rspec-mocks (3.3.2, 2.99.4, 2.9.0)
rspec-support (3.3.0)

I would like to uninstall all versions 3 or greater so I can work
through this project. I have been trying for most of today and I just
can't seem to figure out how to uninstall just RSpec so I am left with
only less than version 3. Any help is so appreciated!

Hassan Schroeder

Jul 27, 2015, 2:39:05 PM7/27/15
to rubyonrails-talk
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Sage Jankowitz <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I would like to uninstall all versions 3 or greater so I can work
> through this project. I have been trying for most of today and I just
> can't seem to figure out how to uninstall just RSpec so I am left with
> only less than version 3. Any help is so appreciated!

?? Have you tried `gem help`? Because `gem uninstall rspec` seems
like a pretty obvious approach...

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Sage Jankowitz

Jul 27, 2015, 2:41:05 PM7/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
will do -- thanks!
Message has been deleted

Ganesh Ranganathan

Jul 27, 2015, 3:09:16 PM7/27/15

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Sage Jankowitz <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
I would like to uninstall all versions 3 or greater so I can work
through this project. I have been trying for most of today and I just

​Use the command rvm gemset create to create a fresh new gemset where you can install the version of your choice. To move to that gemset, just type rvm use 2.0.0@GemsetName where 2.0.0 is the binary ruby version and GemsetName is your gemset.

This allows you to dynamically switch between gemsets and not worry about ​uninstalling and installing individual gems and their dependencies

Thanks,
Ganesh

Message has been deleted

Colin Law

Jul 27, 2015, 3:44:30 PM7/27/15
On 27 July 2015 at 19:38, Hassan Schroeder <hassan.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Sage Jankowitz <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to uninstall all versions 3 or greater so I can work
>> through this project. I have been trying for most of today and I just
>> can't seem to figure out how to uninstall just RSpec so I am left with
>> only less than version 3. Any help is so appreciated!
>
> ?? Have you tried `gem help`? Because `gem uninstall rspec` seems
> like a pretty obvious approach...

Would specifying the appropriate version in Gemfile and running bundle
install achieve the desired result?

Colin