Bundle The system cannot find the path specified.

Aman Aman

Mar 23, 2016, 11:39:15 AM3/23/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I was going through tutorials in railstutorail.org. And I came up with
users password using bycrypt I add the gem 'bcrypt', '3.1.7' line in
gemfile
now when I update it say :
LoadError: cannot load such file -- 2.2/bcrypt_ext
And When ever I try to run bundle update command it say
How to solve it

Colin Law

Mar 23, 2016, 12:02:42 PM3/23/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 23 March 2016 at 15:37, Aman Aman <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I was going through tutorials in railstutorail.org. And I came up with
> users password using bycrypt I add the gem 'bcrypt', '3.1.7' line in
> gemfile
> now when I update it say :
> LoadError: cannot load such file -- 2.2/bcrypt_ext
> And When ever I try to run bundle update command it say
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> How to solve it

Copy/paste your Gemfile here and also copy/paste the full output from
bundle install

Colin

Aman Aman

Mar 23, 2016, 12:13:36 PM3/23/16
Colin Law wrote in post #1182407:

> Copy/paste your Gemfile here and also copy/paste the full output from
> bundle install
>
> Colin

My gemfile:
source 'https://rubygems.org'

# Bundle edge Rails instead: gem 'rails', github: 'rails/rails'
gem 'rails', '4.2.6'
# Use mysql as the database for Active Record
gem 'mysql2', '>= 0.3.13', '< 0.5'
# Use SCSS for stylesheets
gem 'sass-rails', '~> 5.0'
# Use Uglifier as compressor for JavaScript assets
gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.3.0'
# Use CoffeeScript for .coffee assets and views
gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 4.1.0'
# See https://github.com/rails/execjs#readme for more supported runtimes
# gem 'therubyracer', platforms: :ruby

# Use jquery as the JavaScript library
gem 'jquery-rails'
# Turbolinks makes following links in your web application faster. Read
more: https://github.com/rails/turbolinks
gem 'turbolinks'
# Build JSON APIs with ease. Read more:
https://github.com/rails/jbuilder
gem 'jbuilder', '~> 2.0'
# bundle exec rake doc:rails generates the API under doc/api.
gem 'sdoc', '~> 0.4.0', group: :doc
# including bootstrap-sass
gem 'bootstrap-sass', '3.2.0.0'

# Use ActiveModel has_secure_password
gem 'bcrypt', '~> 3.1.7'

# Use Unicorn as the app server
# gem 'unicorn'

# Use Capistrano for deployment
# gem 'capistrano-rails', group: :development

group :development, :test do
# Call 'byebug' anywhere in the code to stop execution and get a
debugger console
gem 'byebug'
end

group :development do
# Access an IRB console on exception pages or by using <%= console %>
in views
gem 'web-console', '~> 2.0'
end

# Windows does not include zoneinfo files, so bundle the tzinfo-data gem
gem 'tzinfo-data', platforms: [:mingw, :mswin, :x64_mingw, :jruby]

And when I run command bundle update

Colin Law

Mar 23, 2016, 12:30:54 PM3/23/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 23 March 2016 at 16:13, Aman Aman <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> # Windows does not include zoneinfo files, so bundle the tzinfo-data gem
> gem 'tzinfo-data', platforms: [:mingw, :mswin, :x64_mingw, :jruby]

Sorry, I forgot you are using Windows. You are on your own I am
afraid unless someone else can help.

Colin

Timothy Chen

Jul 21, 2016, 2:09:30 AM7/21/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Try running `gem install bundler` and then `bundle install`

Jennifer Bedell

Aug 27, 2016, 9:17:46 AM8/27/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Thanks Timothy, super helpful!

y nguyen

Oct 15, 2016, 4:08:12 PM10/15/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi Timothy,

I have try to run 'gem install bundler' but i still ran into error. This is my error

ERROR:  could not find a valid gem 'bundler' (>=0), here is why:
                 Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate
B: certificate verify fail (https://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

Colin Law

Oct 15, 2016, 4:38:33 PM10/15/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 15 October 2016 at 20:28, y nguyen <yien...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Timothy,

I have try to run 'gem install bundler' but i still ran into error. This is my error

ERROR:  could not find a valid gem 'bundler' (>=0), here is why:
                 Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate
B: certificate verify fail (https://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

Googling for the error message led to this [1] which might (or might not) be helpful.

[1] https://gist.github.com/luislavena/f064211759ee0f806c88