Regarding customization in ruby

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 17, 2014, 6:36:48 AM12/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends,

             I am new to Ruby on rails and with learning going to work on openproject. But having a problem I have installed it but not able to do changes in code as while installing a command i run "git checkout stable " and also my plugins branch is  stable. I want to do changes try to do changes in app folder but nothing happen even if i rename the folder it does not show any change. Please help me.

Thanx
Paramnoor singh

Hassan Schroeder

Dec 19, 2014, 11:14:31 AM12/19/14
to rubyonrails-talk
None of that makes any sense. "I have installed it" -- what is "it"?
What does "installing a command" mean?

Regardless, there's nothing about Ruby or Rails that changes how
you work with files or directories on your system.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 22, 2014, 2:01:17 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, hassan.s...@gmail.com
Thanks for reply
                   Sir when i changed in layout header and any of the app file  no changes show it on site  so that a problem.

Colin Law

Dec 22, 2014, 4:00:44 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 22 December 2014 at 04:48, Paramnoor Singh
<paramnoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply
> Sir when i changed in layout header and any of the app
> file no changes show it on site so that a problem.

Are you running in production mode or development? If in production
mode then you may have to restart the server in order for it to pick
up the new files. If in development mode and changing files has no
effect then the files you are changing are not the ones that are being
used by the server.

If you don't understand what I mean by development and production mode
then you need to start at the beginning and learn how rails works. I
suggest working right through a good tutorial such as
railstutorial.org (which is free to use online) which will show you
the basics of rails.

Colin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAJMzsO9jRC1HLYBs4OgevtoPcakY96H7gbsjOaVcfo7MP8Ojwg%40mail.gmail.com.

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 22, 2014, 4:43:29 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
yes i understand and its production mode. thanks i try and let you know

Colin Law

Dec 22, 2014, 4:52:35 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 22 December 2014 at 09:41, Paramnoor Singh
<paramnoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes i understand and its production mode. thanks i try and let you know

On many systems touching the file tmp/restart.txt will force the
server to restart, so whenever you upload changes to the server just
touch that file.

Colin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAJMzsO-uX4tgGAHsfzMGe5L9FpzsOUZc%3Dhzuw_TXUi1K0h07_Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 22, 2014, 5:38:25 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
ok thanks

RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake db:migrate
RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake db:seed
RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake assets:precompile

I used these command  but still same error can you please tell me how to install I thankful to you for this.

Colin Law

Dec 22, 2014, 5:43:27 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 22 December 2014 at 10:37, Paramnoor Singh
<paramnoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok thanks
>
> RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake db:migrate
> RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake db:seed
> RAILS_ENV="development" bundle exec rake assets:precompile
>
> I used these command but still same error can you please tell me how to
> install I thankful to you for this.

How to install what?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAJMzsO-Wt3D_3XsGQj7n6BgJU5ukCNW1qegNig_0QMf9wV%2BOwQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 22, 2014, 5:47:32 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
oh sorry its about openproject. now i installed in as development mode now my changes is not showing on the spot.

Colin Law

Dec 22, 2014, 7:26:15 AM12/22/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 22 December 2014 at 10:45, Paramnoor Singh
<paramnoor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh sorry its about openproject. now i installed in as development mode now
> my changes is not showing on the spot.

How are you running the server?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAJMzsO_NJifZV68yLaRUY8CtfnTrhfs3q2n60%2BUmWvxhxqq_Sg%40mail.gmail.com.

Paramnoor Singh

Dec 23, 2014, 12:25:52 AM12/23/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
hello
        Able to see my changes thank you very much