help on building a microservice that can receive an uploaded image

bouazza Mohamed

Oct 6, 2019, 5:08:59 AM10/6/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi everyone ,
I have a job interview test   to build a simple microservice that can receive an uploaded image and return a unique identifier for the uploaded image that can be used subsequently to retrieve the image.

Do you have some ideas on lib and UUID that can be used . normaly in PHP there some can be done in help using this :

Thank you all lot in advance

Walter Lee Davis

Oct 6, 2019, 7:42:09 AM10/6/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Ruby has SecureRandom for this sort of thing: https://docs.ruby-lang.org/en/2.4.0/SecureRandom.html

Walter

bouazza Mohamed

Oct 6, 2019, 10:47:10 AM10/6/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Do you have some examples for using this ,

I found cloudinary gem , they already did some good work on image management pipeline.

Walter Lee Davis

Oct 7, 2019, 7:52:00 AM10/7/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You were honest about this being your "homework", which is good: many people try to ask the same sort of questions without that decency. I gave you a link to the documentation, which has examples for each of the methods in this module -- without seeing the rest of your work, I can't tell you more about how to integrate it there.

Walter
> Mohamed
> about.me/mohamedbouazz

bouazza Mohamed

Oct 7, 2019, 8:46:19 AM10/7/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks man , your comment providing was helpful, thank you again