"master failed to start, check stderr log for details"

Ezequias Farias

Dec 9, 2014, 9:32:07 AM12/9/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

I'm trying to start unicorn and I keep getting this error constantly.

My unicorn.rb (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1f3d9bcdd1a6c4d8435)

Command that I'm using to start unicorn:

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails master -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production

Commands that I've already tried:

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails master -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production -p 3000

/home/app/adsgold/# bundle exec master unicorn -c unicorn.cnf -E production -D

Complete error beeing shown: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/828d9677f928fa671762

I checked permissions between the older server and the new server and both are exactly the same. Here is the last 200 lines of "unicorn.stderr.log" gist.github.com/anonymous/1b9bbb8622958ab80717

I moved a dedicated server to a node, I did a complete mirror so both should be working but they are not. The older one is still running fine, so I can compare and check anything, but I just cannot make the new one runs as it should.

Ezequias Farias

Dec 10, 2014, 7:22:01 AM12/10/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Anyone? Just little help? :(

Vivek Sampara

Dec 10, 2014, 7:33:18 AM12/10/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
There you go ! uninitialized constant User (NameError) Check if user.rb exists in /app/models/

it must have been renamed or removed

Ezequias Farias

Dec 10, 2014, 7:50:19 AM12/10/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
There is not user.rb file. How can I fix it? Do I have to create one from scratch?
If so, is there a link you could point me to how can I make it right? I know almost 0 of Ruby on rails. I thought that moving everything from the older server to the new one would work, but the user.rb file is also missing in the older server.

Vivek Sampara

Dec 10, 2014, 8:06:54 AM12/10/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Older server should have user.rb if its running unicorn and the same code base ( or someone has deleted it after the server was up ? ) . you will need someone to fix it for you if its missing because it might be related to authrorization ( devise gem ) . Is the code base hosted on github ?

Ezequias Farias

Dec 10, 2014, 8:19:56 AM12/10/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I saw a 'history -cw' on the sever when I first logged in, it was from programmer who was fired from the project. So I assume he deleted this file. Thanks for the help man, It's been long 37 hours investigating this issue to get narrowed to this. I will check someone to fix it. Thanks again.