How to redirect with multiple controller

Daynthan Kabilan

Mar 12, 2018, 10:31:55 AM3/12/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have two controllers

1,  api/risk_profiles
2,  admin/risk_profiles

When i submitted a form then a new record was created in 'api/risk_profiles'  controller and the action name 'create'.

Now, i want to redirect to 'admin/risk_profiles' show action. Because i have upload some API process is there. currently i have used the below codes but it not performed

def create
    @risk_profile = RiskProfile.new(risk_profile_params)

    if @risk_profile.save
          redirect_to api_risk_profiles_url(:id => @risk_profile)
    end
  end

Note:

Rails console result
Daya

Hassan Schroeder

Mar 12, 2018, 11:16:27 AM3/12/18
to rubyonrails-talk
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:31 AM, Daynthan Kabilan <dayan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two controllers
>
> 1, api/risk_profiles
> 2, admin/risk_profiles
>
> When i submitted a form then a new record was created in 'api/risk_profiles'
> controller and the action name 'create'.
>
> Now, i want to redirect to 'admin/risk_profiles' show action. Because i have
> upload some API process is there. currently i have used the below codes but
> it not performed

?? The "below codes" don't match what you're saying you want to do.

> def create
> @risk_profile = RiskProfile.new(risk_profile_params)
>
> if @risk_profile.save
> redirect_to api_risk_profiles_url(:id => @risk_profile)
> end
> end

but the result below looks like it matches the redirect code above

> Rails console result
> 19:49:48 rails.1 | Redirected to
> http://localhost:5000/api/risk_profiles?id=304046b8-fd04-4310-b475-636ac60d111a

So which is correct, the code or your description?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

Daynthan Kabilan

Mar 12, 2018, 1:59:33 PM3/12/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Hassan,

I got the solution using helper method.

Actually admin should upload the user details to another site manually
Now my clients need the upload process also performed when user was created a form.
So, currently i have moved the codes into helper and access in both functionality(manual and automatic).