something messed up my heroku build :(

Joe Guerra

Jul 31, 2018, 1:53:14 PM7/31/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
It was never problem to build and compile on heroku, not sure what I messed up.  Any help appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/HmQLdcma

Link is only active for 6 days...

Thanks,
Joe

Hassan Schroeder

Jul 31, 2018, 2:31:24 PM7/31/18
to rubyonrails-talk
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
> It was never problem to build and compile on heroku, not sure what I messed
> up.

1. What did you change since you deployed last?

2. Can you run locally in production mode?

3. Have you tried the suggestion in the error message?

-----> Detecting rake tasks
!
! Could not detect rake tasks
! ensure you can run `$ bundle exec rake -P` against your app
! and using the production group of your Gemfile.
! rake aborted!

If so, what was the result?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

Joe Guerra

Jul 31, 2018, 2:33:01 PM7/31/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I'm not at home to run it locally.  Not sure what happens, it does run locally (last time I checked).

I will look at it at home.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Guerra

Jul 31, 2018, 5:46:48 PM7/31/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
after running bundle update, something doesn't work :(

https://pastebin.com/aqjgKdRi

something wrong with polyamorous rails?

Hassan Schroeder

Jul 31, 2018, 5:55:54 PM7/31/18
to rubyonrails-talk
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
> after running bundle update, something doesn't work :(
>
> https://pastebin.com/aqjgKdRi
>
> something wrong with polyamorous rails?

Never heard of it, but the obvious next step is revert that update
and see what happens. If that fixes it, you need to go look at the
changelogs for that gem (at least).

Good luck,

Aboobacker M K

Aug 1, 2018, 5:12:32 AM8/1/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Issue here is, you are using master branch of ransack and ransack removed support for rails 4.x few days back. You will have to downgrade ransack or upgrade your rails version to fix this

Here is the relevant commit in ransack

Regards

Aboobacker MK

Software Developer | Red Panthers | Engineering

Joe Guerra

Aug 1, 2018, 9:22:50 AM8/1/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hmm. ok, my local installation was causing some errors too.
I just clone the repo from github and it work and compiled ok locally, but not on heroku.
I'm might be ripping out ransack, not sure what I'll be doing yet.

Thanks,
Joe