How to filter results dainamically in ruby on rails

Mukto Mona

Jan 29, 2016, 9:51:48 AM1/29/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am a newbie in ruby on rails it's also my first ruby application.
I want to filter results by clicking on checkbox which is coming from
the database and showing on the right side of my webpage, the checkbox
is lying on the left side. In the below I attached my webpage's
screenshot for easy understanding. Anyone can help me, please, how can I
solve this issue.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/11249/FireShot.png

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 29, 2016, 10:27:47 AM1/29/16
to rubyonrails-talk
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Mukto Mona <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie in ruby on rails it's also my first ruby application.
> I want to filter results by clicking on checkbox

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

Colin Law

Jan 29, 2016, 11:04:09 AM1/29/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 29 January 2016 at 14:51, Mukto Mona <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie in ruby on rails it's also my first ruby application.
> I want to filter results by clicking on checkbox which is coming from
> the database and showing on the right side of my webpage, the checkbox
> is lying on the left side. In the below I attached my webpage's
> screenshot for easy understanding. Anyone can help me, please, how can I
> solve this issue.

You need to be more specific in your question. It is not at all clear
which bit of the problem you are having trouble with. Is the problem
to do with positioning of chekboxes or filtering results or what?

What do you mean when you say you want to filter results by clicking
on a checkbox? If what you want is for the display in the browser to
change when you click a checkbox, without sending a request to the
server, then you probably need to write some javascript to do that.

Colin