Re: [Rails] manually creating a route to...

Message has been deleted

Walter Lee Davis

Oct 24, 2018, 12:09:44 PM10/24/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
It is really worthwhile googling REST and Rails, and reading about the underlying expectations of the Rails framework. If you do things the way it expects, then your job becomes easier. Not trivially easy, but considerably easier.

Are Invoices structurally different than a Page? Do they need separate rules, or different roles to access them for editing, or a means of payment? I would argue that adding an invoice to a pages_controller would probably mean a lot harder work ahead for you than just creating a separate model and controller to handle these.

Walter

> On Oct 24, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Joe Guerra <jgu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
>
> I've got a pages controller [which is a catch all for most pages on my site] and in it, I have defined an invoice page.
>
> Just a bunch of users I would need to invoice [manually for now]
>
> so, I created a method called 'update_invoice_link'. how would I manually create this route and what action or url do I need in my form field?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted