catn't install rails 5.0.0-beta or rc1 because of turblolinks

Graham Menhennitt

May 29, 2016, 4:52:14 AM5/29/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi Railsers,

I'm trying to install rails 5. I've tried both beta4 and rc1, but both fail with the same problem - installing the turbolinks gem. There seem to be a number of versions of the gem on RubyGems beta1 - beta4. There also seems to be beta5 (but it's not listed there). But I can't install any of them. It seems to be trying to build from the beta2 version of the -source gem, but that version doesn't exist.

I've tried:
# gem install turbolinks -v '5.0.0.beta2' --no-rdoc --no-ri
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'turbolinks-source' (>= 0) in any repository
ERROR:  Possible alternatives: turbolinks, turbolinks-redirect, turbolinks-js, subtitle_source, rubygems-source

# gem install turbolinks -v '5.0.0.beta5' --no-rdoc --no-ri
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'turbolinks' (= 5.0.0.beta5) in any repository
ERROR:  Possible alternatives: turbolinks

# gem install turbolinks  --no-rdoc --no-ri
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::DependencyError)
    Unresolved dependency found during sorting - rack (>= 1.0) (requested by rack-test-0.6.3)

# bundle install
An error occurred while installing turbolinks (5.0.0.beta2), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install turbolinks -v '5.0.0.beta2'` succeeds before bundling.

I can install turbolinks-source (5.0.0.beta2) but that doesn't seem to help.

I successfully did this a few weeks ago, but now it's not working.

Thanks,
  Graham

nanaya

May 29, 2016, 5:09:28 AM5/29/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Sun, May 29, 2016, at 09:36, Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> I'm trying to install rails 5. I've tried both beta4 and rc1, but both
> fail
> with the same problem - installing the turbolinks gem. There seem to be a
> number of versions of the gem on RubyGems beta1 - beta4. There also seems
> to be beta5 (but it's not listed there). But I can't install any of them.
> It seems to be trying to build from the beta2 version of the -source gem,
> but that version doesn't exist.

I don't know other proper way but adding turbolinks-source in the
Gemfile works.

$ cat Gemfile
source "https://rubygems.org"

gem "turbolinks", "~> 5.0.0.beta2"
gem "turbolinks-source", "~> 5.0.0.beta2"

$ bundle --path vendor/bundle
Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/.................
Fetching version metadata from https://rubygems.org/..
Resolving dependencies...
Installing turbolinks-source 5.0.0.beta5
Using bundler 1.11.2
Installing turbolinks 5.0.0.beta2
Bundle complete! 2 Gemfile dependencies, 3 gems now installed.
Bundled gems are installed into ./vendor/bundle.