Color sequence on Rails console in Windows

kei koba

Jun 30, 2013, 4:28:19 AM6/30/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I has installed rails in Windows 7 by RailsInstaller
(railsinstaller.org).
When I use rails console, color sequence appears rawly and text colors
are not changed.
How to fix the problem?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8551/rails.jpg

Dwi Wahyudi

Jun 30, 2013, 12:19:15 PM6/30/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
i am using conemu. it will correctly shows you the color...

after installation, go to settings, integration and register for context menu integration
after that you can open any dir with conemu

you can also set its window transparency

Joel Pearson

Jul 1, 2013, 7:06:11 AM7/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I've installed conemu, it looks useful.
How do you get Rails to output colour characters to the console?

kei koba

Jul 1, 2013, 7:23:03 AM7/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, conemu is very good. It just helps me!

Joel Pearson

Jul 1, 2013, 7:52:37 AM7/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Aha, found it. I added Pry to the gemfile, replaced IRB with Pry in the
config, and created a .pryrc file with a command to turn the colours on.

kei koba

Jul 1, 2013, 3:11:34 PM7/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I tried pry as you suggest to.
But it seems that pry sometimes take mistakes for coloring and remain
ANSI sequence chars.

I attached a image for example.
- Upper part of it is irb on ConEmu.
- Lower part of it is pry on com.exe.