Devise Custamization

Sai Ch

Sep 2, 2014, 3:24:51 AM9/2/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Hello everey one I'm trying to custamize Devise gem in rails 4 with add my required sign up feilds like firstname,company name,url,phone etc
but i have got errors please suggest me if any on wok on devise custamization please help me......................

‪#‎Devise‬,‪#‎Rails4‬,‪#‎postgresql‬

Sai Ch

Sep 17, 2014, 7:18:38 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Robby O'Connor

Sep 17, 2014, 7:34:03 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

A Readme would be nice...people aren't going to read your entire source repo...

Robby O'Connor

Sep 17, 2014, 7:35:40 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Anyways the way I handled it was to create another AR class and also have a polymorphic association (this reduces code duplication)...you can add this stuff via a migration,  nothing stops you...why do you need devise to do it for you?

Robby O'Connor

Sep 17, 2014, 7:41:56 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

I did this for phone numbers and addresses...if you google, you'll find what I did.  Similar can be done for user profile data

Sai Ch

Sep 17, 2014, 7:54:52 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your comments @Robby O'Connor
I have found small bug in that above mentioned github project, during
user signup after filling require data when click signup button that
won't work some time then we refresh web page and again fill tha data
then it works.
can you fix that bug anyone...!!!

Robby O'Connor

Sep 17, 2014, 7:59:34 AM9/17/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

what you're adding can be done via another model though called User profile maybe?

On Sep 17, 2014 7:56 AM, "Robby O'Connor" <robby....@gmail.com> wrote:

Why not just add to the user model (via a migration) the information you want...you're making the problem way more complex than it needs to be

Robby O'Connor

Sep 17, 2014, 7:59:35 AM9/17/14