No folder under node_modules after install packages with yarn

fugee ohu

Dec 19, 2019, 5:18:33 PM12/19/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I ran `yarn add bootstrap` and there's no bootstrap folder created under app/javascript/packs/node_modules

Jake Niemiec

Dec 19, 2019, 5:47:27 PM12/19/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
node_modules should be in your root folder. (a sibling of ./app)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
I ran `yarn add bootstrap` and there's no bootstrap folder created under app/javascript/packs/node_modules

Ariel Juodziukynas

Dec 19, 2019, 6:16:49 PM12/19/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yarn creates the folder on the directory you run that command. Also it's ok the folder is not inside the packs folder, webpacker creates bundles for any file inside the packs folder, you shouldn't have files other than the packs/bundles you'll link on your html.

fugee ohu

Dec 19, 2019, 11:17:57 PM12/19/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

El jue., 19 dic. 2019 19:47, 'Jake Niemiec' via Ruby on Rails: Talk <rubyonra...@googlegroups.com> escribió:
node_modules should be in your root folder. (a sibling of ./app)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
I ran `yarn add bootstrap` and there's no bootstrap folder created under app/javascript/packs/node_modules

In application.js i'm using "import bootstrap" without path to bootstrap Is that ok too?

fugee ohu

Dec 19, 2019, 11:20:23 PM12/19/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 6:16:49 PM UTC-5, Ariel Juodziukynas wrote:
Yarn creates the folder on the directory you run that command. Also it's ok the folder is not inside the packs folder, webpacker creates bundles for any file inside the packs folder, you shouldn't have files other than the packs/bundles you'll link on your html.

El jue., 19 dic. 2019 19:47, 'Jake Niemiec' via Ruby on Rails: Talk <rubyonra...@googlegroups.com> escribió:
node_modules should be in your root folder. (a sibling of ./app)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
I ran `yarn add bootstrap` and there's no bootstrap folder created under app/javascript/packs/node_modules

Like all commands since I've been using rails I ran "yarn add <package>" in my apps root directory so now I have node_modules under my app's root directory, not /app