Generated objects in the view are stacking incorrectly?

David Williams

Mar 18, 2016, 5:15:50 PM3/18/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The top item generated is perfectly positioned, but the second and third
items directly beneath with no padding in-between. Does ruby on rails
automatically override css styling when new items are added to the erb
view? Am I forced to use JS library like isotope or masonry?

Thank you.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/11303/failed_image_stack.jpg

David Williams

Mar 18, 2016, 5:36:36 PM3/18/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Adding padding to the top fixed the issue with the tiles mashing
together. But, the second tile is moved over to the left. As if it's a
relative to the top tile. Very strange.

Hazina Samuel

Mar 19, 2016, 2:21:31 AM3/19/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
LATTER THINGS

Colin Law

Mar 19, 2016, 5:08:36 AM3/19/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On 18 Mar 2016 21:15, "David Williams" <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> The top item generated is perfectly positioned, but the second and third
> items directly beneath with no padding in-between. Does ruby on rails
> automatically override css styling when new items are added to the erb
> view? Am I forced to use JS library like isotope or masonry?

Rails does not do any styling for you, you have to do your own CSS to make it look how you like. The fact that the page is generated by rails is irrelevant.

Colin

David Williams

Mar 25, 2016, 5:46:37 PM3/25/16
Colin Law wrote in post #1182302:
> On 18 Mar 2016 21:15, "David Williams" <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

I fixed the issue, clashing CSS classes was causing bootstrap to move
child objects on the grid.