before_action for only one action

Martin

Jan 27, 2016, 2:13:00 PM1/27/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi there,

If I want a before_action for only one action, like

before_action check_something_with_redirect_if_any, only: :index

Is there another way doing that? Or is this the recommend way?

If not what else could work here?

Thanks,
Martin

Karthikeyan A K

Jan 27, 2016, 2:27:01 PM1/27/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You can put like this

before_action check_something_with_redirect_if_any, except: [all actions except index]

but its very verbose :D

tamouse pontiki

Jan 27, 2016, 9:11:30 PM1/27/16

On Jan 27, 2016 1:13 PM, "Martin" <myl...@kaffanke.at> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> If I want a before_action for only one action, like
>
> before_action check_something_with_redirect_if_any, only: :index
>
> Is there another way doing that? Or is this the recommend way?

If you want it for only one action,  Jay call it in the action.

> If not what else could work here?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Martin

Jan 28, 2016, 4:02:55 AM1/28/16
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi tamouse,

tamouse pontiki writes:

>> Is there another way doing that? Or is this the recommend way?
>
> If you want it for only one action, Jay call it in the action.

I tried it, but I have a view, so interesting that it doesn't work,
because they have a redirect_to inside. If I put it in the action, i
get the "dont call more than one redirect_to or render" message, which I
could fix by using some if statements, but this looks ugly. I think the
before_action's will stop if the first gets a redirect_to, so the next
will not be run anymore, and this is what I want.

Martin

--
Lösungen statt Diagnosen