how can i change templating engine to normal from slim

fugee ohu

Mar 24, 2017, 10:11:01 AM3/24/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I created an app without ever invoking `rails new ...` because i copied and pasted another app to begin building the app Now when I run the generator it generates slim templates How do I make it generate ordinary html.erb templates instead?

Клим

Mar 25, 2017, 2:26:18 PM3/25/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Remove gem 'slim-rails' from your Gemfile and run bundle install.

fugee ohu

Mar 26, 2017, 11:55:17 PM3/26/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

Yea I searched my Gemfile but I  missed it Found it after I posted I realize now that it may need to be installed as a dep, for what i dunno, but it was in my Gemfile, I'll leave it installed but not in my Gemfile

Colin Law

Mar 27, 2017, 3:29:51 AM3/27/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Whether it is installed or not is irrelevant, what matters is whether
it is in your Gemfile and Gemfile.lock. The reason it had been
installed was because it was in the Gemfile, not the other way round
(unless you installed it manually).

Colin