Newrelic doesn't log in daemon mode

Avi

Jan 29, 2014, 9:30:11 AM1/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I have integrated Newrelic with my rails application.
It is working fine in "rails s -e production" mode, but not in "rails s -e production -d" mode.

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks,
Avi

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 29, 2014, 9:48:29 AM1/29/14
to rubyonrails-talk
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Avi <aavinas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have integrated Newrelic with my rails application.
> It is working fine in "rails s -e production" mode, but not in "rails s -e
> production -d" mode.
>
> How can I fix the problem?

Have you checked NewRelic support?

What server are you running? What versions of Ruby/Rails?

Do you see anything related to newrelic in your log at startup?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

Avi

Jan 29, 2014, 9:55:34 AM1/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using "Thin server" in production.
Ruby - 1.9.3
Rails - 3.2.8

If I run in only production mode, then it starts logging. it is not working in rails s -e production -d mode.
Nothing on startup.

tamouse pontiki

Jan 29, 2014, 10:48:08 AM1/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Is the log/production.log not showing anything?

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 29, 2014, 11:11:45 AM1/29/14
to rubyonrails-talk
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Avi <aavinas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using "Thin server" in production.
> Ruby - 1.9.3
> Rails - 3.2.8

There's a known similar problem with Puma that I ran into -- see this
support entry: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/ruby/puma#daemonizing

WAG: I don't use Thin but you might try setting ` --servers 1` and see
if that "fixes" it. Otherwise, open a ticket with newrelic. :-)

(Also, your Rails version has security issues; you should upgrade.)

HTH,

Avi

Jan 31, 2014, 1:20:43 AM1/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Its working fine now. We have changed from thin to nginx + passenger.

Thanks for helping.