mailboxer vs action cable chat

fugee ohu

Nov 23, 2018, 6:39:28 PM11/23/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I'm adding chat to my sn site that already uses mailboxer What to do?

Walter Lee Davis

Nov 24, 2018, 12:00:34 PM11/24/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

> On Nov 23, 2018, at 6:39 PM, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm adding chat to my sn site that already uses mailboxer What to do?

At this point, I guess you are just trolling us. We've asked you, repeatedly, nicely, to compose questions that we can answer for you. Your open-ended "what to do" comes off as either lazy or stupid, and I wouldn't presume either to be true.

Try following the "smarter questions" format:

1. I have this version of Rails, and this version of mailboxer working together nicely. I have tests.
2. I have enabled ActionCable version [1.2.3] and several of my tests started failing with this error message [copy and paste actual error].
3. I have tried following the google trail for [this particular error], but [link to example answer] doesn't give me any relief.

In short, show your work. Show that you are actually working, and not hoping others will point you to a complete solution. Those either don't exist, or are so specific that following them will only ever get you a copy of the working thing that you don't understand well enough to modify to your particular needs.

Walter

fugee ohu

Nov 25, 2018, 5:59:11 AM11/25/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Without having to  do any abstract thinking you can consider it an experience question Someone else may have been in the same situation and can say what they found to be a good approach Does every question have to be technically oriented? There's no data to migrate so it's just a matter of preferences

Rob Jonson

Nov 26, 2018, 10:09:15 AM11/26/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

> I'm adding chat to my sn site that already uses mailboxer What to do?

Hire someone who has some rails experience and doesn't just post on newsgroups hoping that a stranger will do their work for them.

More specifically: You'll have a much better experience developing an app if you can find a developer who is proficient with google - and willing to at least do some exploratory work when they hit something they don't already understand.