Re: Nginx & Unicorn setup

Dwight S.

Aug 12, 2013, 6:19:39 PM8/12/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like there's something wrong with your nginx config and/or
unicorn.conf. Could you put a github gist link for each of these
configurations?

Cheers,
Dwight S. (@denzuko)
ComputekIndustries.com

Exel Dev

Aug 13, 2013, 2:30:06 AM8/13/13
Dwight Spencer wrote in post #1118529:
> Sounds like there's something wrong with your nginx config and/or
> unicorn.conf. Could you put a github gist link for each of these
> configurations?
>
> Cheers,
> Dwight S. (@denzuko)
> ComputekIndustries.com

Hi Dwight,

Thanks for your help, I've made a number of changes to the nginx conf
files so may be way off target by now. Getting Nginx, Rails, Postgres
pretty straight foward, the unicorn thing is a bit challenging despite
following a few blog article how tos. Here's my github gist on 4 files:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bb7eee660afd1fa70b61

1. nginx.conf
2. modelesprit.com - file for the app
3. unicorn_connector.conf - file included in 2 for unicorn
4. railo_connector.conf - file included in 2 for Railo coldfusion server
as I have some legacy coldfusion apps to support

Thanks,
Pardeep.

Exel Dev

Aug 13, 2013, 2:35:25 AM8/13/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
For some reason the first gist didn't include the nginx.conf file.

Here it is:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c32b0d0ee91434d80f5c

Dwight Spencer

Aug 13, 2013, 12:43:19 PM8/13/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pardeep,

I'm glad to help. I did get to review both of the gists you posted up
and your nginx configuration does look proper. This leads me to suspect
there is a config issue with unicorn. Do you have a gist of the unicorn
config I can look at?

Also, are you making sure to have unicorn listen on a unix socket
located at /tmp/unicorn.modelesprit.sock instead of a tcp port?

Cheers,
Dwight S. (@denzuko)
ComputekIndustries.com

Exel Dev

Aug 14, 2013, 8:20:36 AM8/14/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Dwight Spencer wrote in post #1118596:
Hi Dwight,

Sorry for the delay, my unicorn.rb file in the rails app config folder
is as follows:

root = "/srv/www/modelesprit.com/"
working_directory root
pid "#{root}/tmp/pids/unicorn.pid"