how do i know what ruby version my site was built with

fugee ohu

Jan 4, 2020, 5:15:04 PM1/4/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
If I didn't specify a ruby version in my Gemfile

Colin Law

Jan 5, 2020, 5:12:25 AM1/5/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 at 22:15, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I didn't specify a ruby version in my Gemfile

Look in the file that specifies which version of each gem to use.

Colin

avdhesh sharma

Jan 5, 2020, 3:07:20 PM1/5/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
If I didn't specify a ruby version in my Gemfile then you can see the ruby version in .ruby-version file in your project directory which is created at the time of creating a project.

avdhesh sharma

Jan 5, 2020, 3:07:20 PM1/5/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
You can see into .ruby-version file

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 5, 2020, 4:19:04 PM1/5/20
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 12:07 PM avdhesh sharma <avdhes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I didn't specify a ruby version in my Gemfile then you can see the ruby version in .ruby-version file in your project directory which is created at the time of creating a project.

Well, kinda sorta maybe :-)

It's not created pre-Rails 5.0, and it's meaningless unless you're
using a version manager that recognizes that file.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan