devise users

Joe Guerra

Aug 3, 2018, 12:50:11 PM8/3/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I just want to dump my entire users listing from the users table (which devise created).
But, they didn't provide an index page or anything like that.  If I were to create another controller that would just define the index page for the users table, would it conflict with what devise created?

Thanks,
Joe

Frantz Augustin

Aug 3, 2018, 12:55:27 PM8/3/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I had that issues once.
Just at this code in the in the index view

Hope it help.

Frantz Augu
stin

Founder @ Club Artizan

Hassan Schroeder

Aug 3, 2018, 1:39:19 PM8/3/18
to rubyonrails-talk
On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 9:50 AM, Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
> I just want to dump my entire users listing from the users table

What do you mean by "dump"? to the screen, to a web page, to
a file (text, CSV)?

If it's other than a web page you can do it from the console. If it's
something you want to do frequently, write a rake task.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

Joe Guerra

Aug 3, 2018, 2:04:12 PM8/3/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi, just display the users on the webpage (so I don't have to refer to the raw database table).

Hassan Schroeder

Aug 3, 2018, 2:31:48 PM8/3/18
to rubyonrails-talk
On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
> Hi, just display the users on the webpage (so I don't have to refer to the
> raw database table).

Then a controller for that specific action is fine.

Joe Guerra

Aug 3, 2018, 2:46:46 PM8/3/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Thanks.  I followed Frantz link, it helped.  I just had multiple routes that were the same, so I fixed it.

Frantz Augustin

Aug 3, 2018, 2:51:49 PM8/3/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Glad it help, Joe.