Improving Rails Coding Quality

Mehmet Cetin

Dec 31, 2014, 10:45:57 AM12/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I have been coding rails apps for the last 12 months. I realised that when I skim the code of experienced RoR developers or Ruby Gems in Github, my coding style and way of thinking is being affected positively. I just want to improve my skills and write better, more clean code in Ruby & RoR. Can you tell me some well-written (according to you ofc), recently developed gems or repos you remember which I can skim over.

Have a nice year btw!

Thanks,

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

Dec 31, 2014, 11:46:47 AM12/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

take a look at the devise code.

----

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

All material © Jason Fleetwood-Boldt 2014. Public conversations may be turned into blog posts (original poster information will be made anonymous). Email ja...@datatravels.com with questions/concerns about this.

Jacek Nakonieczny

Dec 31, 2014, 1:10:38 PM12/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

You can give a try to rubocop. https://github.com/bbatsov/rubocop

Walter Lee Davis

Jan 1, 2015, 11:35:37 AM1/1/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
It's not Rails, but look carefully at how Lotus.rb is written. This is master-class Ruby at work, making a new MVC framework similar to Rails, but smaller scope, simpler, and with less of the natural buildup of time that Rails has enjoyed. I haven't tried using it yet, but I saw the release announcement and started reading the source, and it's really quite lovely.

Walter