Using Mailgun in Heroku

Jason Hsu, Ruby on High Speed Rails

Feb 9, 2017, 6:02:27 PM2/9/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
How do you use Mailgun in the Heroku production environment for transactional emails?

I've already successfully implemented SendGrid for transactional emails.  I've written up the whole procedure at https://gist.github.com/jhsu802701/a7ac8d4ccdc5d993a61a9de293f104df .

What's the proper procedure for using Mailgun?  There's something missing from Heroku's procedure.  I've tried changing the config/environments/production.rb file, but the production email still doesn't work.  The project in question is at https://github.com/jhsu802701/tmp-heroku-2017-02-09-1833 .

Jason Hsu, Ruby on High Speed Rails

Feb 9, 2017, 6:15:22 PM2/9/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
When I enter "heroku logs", the error message I get is:
Net::SMTPFatalError (554 Sandbox subdomains are for test purposes only. Please add your own domain or add the
address to authorized recipients in Account Settings.