Problem with installing rails to OS X 10

Arto Lohi

Oct 31, 2015, 1:39:38 PM10/31/15
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi!

I got error message "You don't have write permissions for the /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.0.0 directory." when I tried install Rails to my Mac using command line command "gem install rails". I have admin rights on my machine.

Can you help?

Arto

Hassan Schroeder

Oct 31, 2015, 5:19:05 PM10/31/15
to rubyonrails-talk
If you're using the system Ruby, then you'll need to install gems with
`sudo`.

Most people use rvm or rbenv to avoid this (as well as enabling the
installation of multiple versions of Ruby and associated gems).

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder