general 3rd party troubleshooting tips?

Joe Guerra

Jan 27, 2020, 11:09:56 AM1/27/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

I'm not sure what happened to this commontator gem ( https://github.com/lml/commontator ) I'm using in my app.  It had been working, now it's not :(
It doesn't render the new comment text box or button to sumbit a comment.

I can possibly remove all traces of the gem and try again, or figure out what is happening.

are there any general troubleshooting tips I can narrow down this problem to?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Guerra

Jan 28, 2020, 2:05:09 PM1/28/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
_______
     |/       |
     |      (_)
     |       \|/
     |        |
     |       / \

 __|___

Brandon McClelland

Jan 28, 2020, 2:40:34 PM1/28/20
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
"It had been working, now it's not" - something changed between then and now. Look for code updates, version updates, server updates. I'd start with recent code changes you made - do any odd branch switching?

Brandon McClelland
User Support Technician
Steve Jackson Games

Joe Guerra

Jan 29, 2020, 3:36:05 PM1/29/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
It's ok now, I got fired.

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 2:40:34 PM UTC-5, Brandon McClelland wrote:
"It had been working, now it's not" - something changed between then and now. Look for code updates, version updates, server updates. I'd start with recent code changes you made - do any odd branch switching?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 1:05 PM Joe Guerra <JGu...@jginfosys.com> wrote:
_______
     |/       |
     |      (_)
     |       \|/
     |        |
     |       / \

 __|___

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 11:09:56 AM UTC-5, Joe Guerra wrote:

I'm not sure what happened to this commontator gem ( https://github.com/lml/commontator ) I'm using in my app.  It had been working, now it's not :(
It doesn't render the new comment text box or button to sumbit a comment.

I can possibly remove all traces of the gem and try again, or figure out what is happening.

are there any general troubleshooting tips I can narrow down this problem to?

Thanks,
Joe

Brandon McClelland

Jan 29, 2020, 3:58:55 PM1/29/20
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Ouch!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/4a128f23-8055-490e-b482-6ef84ea08f49%40googlegroups.com.

Sampson Crowley

Jan 29, 2020, 4:21:01 PM1/29/20
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
well that escalated quickly

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/4a128f23-8055-490e-b482-6ef84ea08f49%40googlegroups.com.

Hassan Schroeder

Jan 29, 2020, 7:12:57 PM1/29/20
to rubyonrails-talk
> It's ok now, I got fired.

Those two phrases don't seem to go together, but good luck to you!

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan