[ANN] [PRIZE] Docker for Rails Developers - beta launch

r...@therocketfuel.com

Apr 25, 2018, 8:02:33 AM4/25/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi,

My new book "Docker for Rails developer" (Pragmatic Programmers) has just launched in early-access beta: https://pragprog.com/book/ridocker/docker-for-rails-developers

It's a light, easy read that will help you get up-to-speed fast. The focus is on practical, real-world usage for developers and will guide you step-by-step. Grab your copy while it's hot... more chapters to follow as soon as they're ready.

Not sure? Here's what people are saying about it:

  This is the book I wish I had when I started delving into Docker.

  a really enjoyable, clear and informative read

  [reminds] me of the original DHH Rails book... bravo!

  When I first saw the title, I might not have been so interested in buying the book given that I'm currently involved in other projects (Elixir! Javascript! Java! Neo4j! etc). However, how wrong I was. This knowledge I can actually export and apply directly to all of my current projects and thus dockerize those environments as well.

  it has made me rethink the way in which I develop applications.

Free prize draw... For your chance to win a free copy, include the following in a tweet “https://pragprog.com/book/ridocker/docker-for-rails-developers #Docker #Rails #RoRTalk @robisenberg” — one winner will be chosen at random.

Cheers,

Rob

p.s. any other help to spread the word would be much appreciated!

Clayton Cottingham

Apr 30, 2018, 10:23:56 PM4/30/18
to r...@therocketfuel.com, Ruby on Rails: Talk
Dang it already bought it!

Great book

Really helped me understand docker

The part i am still trying to understand is how to reuse containers properly

I've been trying to get some building automation apps running on it as proof of concept but I am contemplating if docker is even a good fit for something that needs to be always running

r...@therocketfuel.com

May 7, 2018, 6:12:52 AM5/7/18
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hey Clayton, thanks for buying it! -- sorry you missed the competition :)

I’m glad you’ve found it useful so far. I’m working hard to get the final chapters out a.s.a.p.