Upgrading to rails 5.0

João Bordalo

Jul 25, 2017, 3:21:35 PM7/25/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi there,

I'm upgrading an app from rails 4.2.7 to 5.0.4.

I have updated the binary files through this command $rails app:update, and so far so good.

However, when i run this command  $rails db:migrate, I get the following error:

rails aborted!
NoMethodError: undefined method `scheduler'

and the code it points is to this block: (the red is what is causing the error.

if !defined?(Rails::Console) && \
    File.basename($0) != 'rake' && \
    Rails.configuration.scheduler
  scheduler_pid_file = File.join(Rails.root, "tmp", "scheduler.pid").to_s
  Scheduler::start_unless_running scheduler_pid_file
end

I'm using gem 'rufus-scheduler', '~> 3.4.2'

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thank you for your time,

João Bordalo

nynhex

Jul 25, 2017, 3:26:46 PM7/25/17
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You may want to open this as an issue on the gem’s issue tracker: https://github.com/jmettraux/rufus-scheduler/issues

This is not a Rails problem, but more of a compatibility issue with the gem.

João Bordalo

Jul 26, 2017, 6:26:02 AM7/26/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Hi, again,

 I forgot to mention that block of code belongs to the file config/initializers/scheduler.rb

Additionally, I tried to put rufus-scheduler to the verson that worked in rails 4.2.7. Still, no effect.

That's highly possible what you said.

Thank you for your help and after I have some development, I will tell

João Bordalo

Jul 26, 2017, 9:01:22 AM7/26/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
The problem isn't related to the compatibility.

just replace to:

 Rails.configuration.respond_to?(:scheduler)

on the line that I pointed