please give some tutorial about Testing in Rails with Rspec and TDD

haxuan lac

Jun 3, 2013, 11:32:30 AM6/3/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I'm doing with Test in Rails with Rspec and TDD
I try to search some Link in Internet but I want somebody can give me
instruction about Rspec and TDD.
Thanks...

Dave Aronson

Jun 3, 2013, 11:40:07 AM6/3/13
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM, haxuan lac <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I try to search some Link in Internet but I want somebody can give me
> instruction about Rspec and TDD.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rspec+tdd

Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC,
secret-cleared freelance software developer
available for contracts or temp employment.
See information at http://www.Codosaur.us/.

John Davalos

Jun 3, 2013, 12:27:28 PM6/3/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Colin Law

Jun 3, 2013, 12:31:02 PM6/3/13
On 3 June 2013 16:32, haxuan lac <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I'm doing with Test in Rails with Rspec and TDD
> I try to search some Link in Internet but I want somebody can give me
> instruction about Rspec and TDD.

railstutorial.org (which is free to use online) uses rspec and tdd I believe.

Colin

> Thanks...

Cassiano Leal

Jun 4, 2013, 9:59:11 AM6/4/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I highly recommend the codeschool [0] courses. They are easy and simple to follow, and will arm you with a great deal of knowledge and practice on Rails, Rspec and TDD.

[0] http://www.codeschool.com/paths/ruby

On Jun 4, 2013, at 00:03, Alex Li <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:

those screencasts are extremely helpful to get me started with TDD.

Hope it helps.

Alex

Tamara Temple

Jun 4, 2013, 8:08:19 PM6/4/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
haxuan lac <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I'm doing with Test in Rails with Rspec and TDD
> I try to search some Link in Internet but I want somebody can give me
> instruction about Rspec and TDD.

The RSpec book actually covers this quite well, after introducint T/BDD,
Cucumber and RSpec, the back part is all about testing Rails
applications with Capybara thrown into the mix.