why rails new xx failed on win7 x64?

mnz hz

May 8, 2015, 10:25:55 AM5/8/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

rails new xxx

Using jbuilder 2.2.13

Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError: Errno::ECONNABORTED: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. - SSL_connect (https://rubygems.org/gems/jquery-rails-4.0.3.gem
)
An error occurred while installing jquery-rails (4.0.3), and Bundler cannot
continue.
Make sure that gem install jquery-rails -v '4.0.3' succeeds before bundling.

Oleg Cherkasky

May 10, 2015, 11:41:16 AM5/10/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
You may not like my answer but I think that it must be said, I tried installing Rails on Windows 7 (I have the 64 bit version) and had issues on every turn, Rails isn't very compatible with windows, it's closer to the technology that Linux and Mac is based off of. I installed Linux Ubuntu on a second drive in my PC, even though I did have some issues during the process of the installation it's not nearly as much of a headache that it was on Windows and it actually works with no problems.

My suggestion is that you do the same, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Matt Jones

May 28, 2015, 5:45:05 PM5/28/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hard to say for sure, but you may want to try these troubleshooting steps:

--Matt Jones

vikram jain

May 30, 2015, 1:01:35 PM5/30/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com