Attempting to install passenger 3.0.19 and getting mod_passenger: can't open shared object file

Vell

Mar 1, 2013, 11:46:52 AM3/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am trying to install passenger on a server that has apache installed from source. The install seemed to work fine but when I restart the httpd service I get the following error:

Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 451 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-passenger.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.19/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so into server: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.19/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My current environment is:
Centos 6.2
Apache 2
Rails 3.2.12
Passenger 3.0.19
Ruby 1.9.3p392

I have not found a way to address this issue and my google searching hasn't revealed any concrete way to solve this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordon Bedwell

Mar 1, 2013, 11:49:33 AM3/1/13
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Vell <lovell....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install passenger on a server that has apache installed from
> source. The install seemed to work fine but when I restart the httpd service
> I get the following error:
>
> Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 451 of
> /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of
> /usr/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-passenger.conf: Cannot load
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.19/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so
> into server:
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.19/ext/apache2/mod_passenger.so:

sudo find / -name mod_passenger.so
Change your so line to that file.

Vell

Mar 1, 2013, 11:59:33 AM3/1/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jordan thats what I needed. Sorry I didn't think of that solution on my own.

Nisheezy Maximus

Jun 29, 2014, 3:45:06 PM6/29/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, envy...@gmail.com
I tried the sudo fine / -name mod_passenger.so but it wouldn't find the file.

I don't think I have it for some reason. I'm very new to all this, so I'm not sure if I've provided enough information. I will be thankful for any and all help I can get, and please feel free to ask for more details if it's needed.

Thanks