rake assets:precompile issue with JS and stylesheets files with similar name

Farukh D.M

May 23, 2013, 5:50:51 AM5/23/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got following two files with same names under javascripts and stylesheets directories as:
- app/assets/javascripts/test_vendor.js
- app/assets/stylesheets/test_vendor.scss

Essentially a JS and an stylesheet files with same name.

I want these files to be precompiled and served from public directory.
Thus I updated:
config.assets.precompile += %w(test_vendor.js test_vendor.scss)

I am running following task to pre-compile my assets in development:
"rake assets:precompile RAILS_ENV=development RAILS_GROUPS=assets --trace"

It generates assets/ folder inside my public directoy.
But I see only test_vendor.js and test_vendor.js.gz inside it
test_vendor.css is missing.

Please let me know, how to avoid/fix this issue.

Regards
Farukh D M

Farukh D.M

May 23, 2013, 7:04:48 AM5/23/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Never mind, My bad.... :)
I was not using correct convention for including css file.
it has to be "test_vendor.css" instead of "test_vendor.scss"

Following works.
config.assets.precompile += %w(test_vendor.js test_vendor.css)